Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.andrewrobyevents.com/.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Effective Date: May 14, 2018
Thanks for visiting Andrew Roby Events! Andrew Roby Events (“Andrew Roby Events”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy. When it comes to your personal information, we believe in transparency, not surprises. That’s why we’ve set out here what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
1. Some key terms
3. Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to send a message or schedule an appointment, specifically email address, first name and last name. If you sign up for Paid Services, we receive a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date of the payment card) and we ask you to select your jurisdiction.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our blog posts. Please be aware that information on public parts of our sites is available to others.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Information from your use of the Services or Users’ sites. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our or our Users’ sites, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Services and our Users’ sites (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Information we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our Services and better monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
- Other information you submit to us directly or through Third Party Services.
4. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as contacting us).
- We record some of it automatically when you use browse our website (Google Analytics).
- We receive some of it from third parties (like when you register for an event using a Third Party Service or when you make payments to us using our payment processor).
We’ve described this in more detail below.
a. Personal information you provide
When you use our website or Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register and manage your ticket to events. We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our blogs. You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions.
Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons. For example, we may ask you to select your jurisdiction when you sign up for Paid Services to determine if, and how much, tax we need to collect from you. We’ll normally let you know when information is required, and the consequences of failing to provide it. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
b. Personal information obtained from your use of our Services
When you use our website , we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the website, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices. If you’ve given us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location information.
Some of this information is collected automatically using things like Google Analytics. Some of this information is similarly collected automatically through your browser or from your device.
5. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Squarespace and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Advertising. Analyze your interactions with our Services and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you. For example, we may decide not to advertise our Services to you on a social media site if you already signed up for Paid Services or we may choose to serve you a particular advertisement based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Customizing the Services. Provide you with customized services. For example, we use your location information to determine your language preferences or display accurate date and time information.
- Improving our Services. Analyze and learn about how the website is accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We usually do this based on anonymous, pseudonymized or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually. For example, if we learn that most visitors use a particular service, we might wish to expand on that service.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protection. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g., to protect our Users from abuse).
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your email address so you can sign in to your Squarespace account.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
o To operate the Andrew Roby Events business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
o To provide and improve the Services, including any personalized services – we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our clients on a sustained basis.
o To anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information.
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- Others’ legitimate interests. Where necessary for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering tailored advertising to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness or our Users who have a legitimate interest in having their sites function properly and securely and analyzing the usage of their sites so they can understand trends and improve their services.
6. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our Services are integrated with their Third Party Services, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing.
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests or prevent fraud or abuse of Squarespace or our Users or End Users. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Advertising. We share personal information with third parties so they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and measure and monitor its effectiveness. For example, we may share your pseudonymized email address with a third party social media platform on which we advertise to avoid serving Squarespace ads to people who already use Squarespace.
- Business transfers. If we’re involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
7. Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law. If you are subject to EU data protection laws, we suggest you lodge any such complaints with our lead supervisory authority:
Irish Data Protection Commissioner
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland
Phone +353 57 868 4757
Fax: +353 57 868 4757
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
8. How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, we rely on WordPress security team dedicated to keeping personal information safe. They maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. They employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
9. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria. For example, the period we keep your email address is connected to how long your Account is active, while the period for which we keep a support message is based on how long has passed since the last submission in the thread.
Please note that in the course of using providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
10. Privacy Shield
WordPress has certified its compliance to the Privacy Shield.WordPress is committed to treating personal information received from the European Economic Area and Switzerland pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks in accordance with the applicable Principles. You can find their certification here and you can learn more about the Frameworks and Principles by visiting https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
For any complaints that they can’t resolve directly, JAMS is the independent organization responsible for reviewing and resolving complaints about their Privacy Shield compliance. You can contact JAMS free of charge at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. JAMS is an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the U.S.
If your concern still isn’t addressed by JAMS, you may be entitled to a binding arbitration under the Privacy Shield Principles. For purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, Squarespace, Inc. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
12. Who is Andrew Roby Events?
When we say “Andrew Roby Events” (or “we”, “us” or “our”), we mean: (a) Andrew Roby Events, Inc. if you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the United States of America or any of its territories or possessions (the “US”).
13. How to contact us
If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US:
Andrew Roby Events, Inc
4609 Birchtree Lane
Temple Hills, MD 20748